Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reflections and The Street of Trick or Treet

First off - here is a picture of Ethan's reflections project.  The theme is "The Magic of a Moment".  He combined his love for drawing flags and his obsession with the different countries in the Olympics to make this picture.  I love it.  He did three different drafts and really worked hard on it.  I'm so very proud of him.The district ceremony is not until January, I think, but we will certainly celebrate as we turn it in this week!
 This week was conferences, which meant a whole lot of preparation, late nights, and Brian having to play Mr. Dad a lot more.  In short, we're all tired, but it went well.  Lucas and Ethan both started new swimming lessons - and both had to get goggles to be able to keep up in them.  Brian got to run soccer practice on Thursday - go Daddy, go!  And I spent some one-on-one time with each of my 24 families.
Last night marked the first of our Halloween celebrations - Trick or Treat Street at our school.  The kids get to trick or treat at the classrooms, and then there's a big dance in the gym.  It was fabulous fun.
Lucas is a fireman - complete with a dalmation, and Ethan is "Jack" from the Magic Tree House series.  The mouse on his shoulder is another character in the book - Morgan Le Fay.  The costume will go with his book report on Wednesday.


 The dancing was great.  Ethan was back to being my dance partner - which I loved.  Though, I am super sore this morning....
So, 1 out of 3 Halloween events done.  We'll survive - and hopefully so will their costumes.  And now I've got to start planning my own!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that Ethan chose a book character. I miss Trick or Treat Street, it is a great night.