Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Weekend of "Rest"

So I know I should have "gotten some rest" this weekend, as I wasn't feeling very well on Friday and we had a crazy, crazy week...  But I just don't do "rest" very well.  Especially when my to-do list is very very long....  Which this time of year?  Always long....
First thing Saturday, we had a family Tree walk event for the program I teach for.  The boys especially enjoyed seeing the bear scat.  E"The bigger the bear, the bigger the scat mom."  L"That's some big poop Mom."  Can you see the concern in Lucas' eyes?
 Ethan was the perfect student, taking in everything the presenter told him.  He was fascinated by all the information.  Lucas was fascinated by the slugs.  "Another creature mom!!!"
 After we got lost for about the fourth time, trying to get home, the boys passed out in the car and I figured I better just keep on driving.  There were some landscapers at our house with Brian, working on the massive hedge, and they weren't done, so I knew home wouldn't be as quiet as a nice long drive....
We made it to the Fairgrounds for the annual "Kid's Day" where several safety-minded organizations come out and give out freebies to the kids and let them climb all over the trucks and such.
The first truck we went into was the Fire Safety Trailer.  They made it like there was a real fire - smoke and detector going off and everything.  After that, Lucas would not remove his hands from his ears.  I had to lift him into things because he would not take his hands off.....
 The helicopter was a huge hit with both boys.  And the pilot was awesome-  showing them everything and explaining it all.  Though Lucas' only concern was getting to have the door shut.
 At the end of the event, they had some firefighters use the jaws of life to show a fake rescue and tear up a car.  Which led really well into our next, evening activity ( I told you there was no rest), the D Derby.
We were back for more, and this time was made even more fun because our friends were there too.
 There was a whole lot of screaming, laughing, eating, and cheering!
 It did not disappoint, though the wrecks were a little tamer this time.
And then this morning I woke up bright and early with a to-do list a mile wide.  On the top of the list was fixing up our garden at the Community P-Patch.  Upa and Uma came out and helped us build some beds - in hopes that will make it easier for us to handle.  We are really terrible gardeners....
In the end, it looked great and we planted all sorts of seeds.  I'm sure many of them will not grow, but I'm guessing we'll have enough radishes and carrots to feed the multitudes anyway...
And now it's on to the school to-dos...  Only three weeks left, I can hardly believe it!  There is an awful lot to be done in that three weeks!  I guess I better get some "rest".

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You guys are busy, busy, BUSY!