Saturday, March 12, 2011

Busy Bees....

"Mom, I just gotta tell you something about my class."
"Ok, what is it?"
"I just, I just like think the boys are better than the girls. They're my buddies, you know? They rock me out!"
"What does that mean - rock you out?"
"Makes me a rock star, you know - it either rocks me out or kills me out. That's what we say."
This week was about getting and staying healthy and we did pretty well. There were a few big things this week, but for the most part we relaxed in the evenings. Not Lucas though. He perfected the art of dumping out every toy we have. So much so that today I'm giving away/dumping anything they don't play with. We still have a lot of baby toys or toys that are missing pieces and parts. Time for them to go!

I had a busy week at school as we're nearing grading time and I also hosted a "Book Bistro" for some of the 2nd and 3rd graders at our school. It was so great to see them get so excited about books! I loved it and love that I got everything ready so that the next time there's minimal preparation needed!
Thursday night I took the boys to Dr. Seuss night at my school. Ethan really enjoyed all the little activities they had and did a good job. He wrote out why he is lucky (Mom, Dad, Uma, Upa, Grammy, Grandpa, Lucas), matched words, matched titles to book covers, and even attempted a word find. The boys both enjoyed the movie in the library - Green Eggs and Ham. I enjoyed visiting with a few of my students' families that I don't get to see too much and even meeting some new families of those kids that had come to the Book Bistro.
Yesterday was all about grades. We had movies and snacks for the boys and I plunked it out on the computer for 3 hours straight. Luckily I knew more of what I was doing this trimester, so my grades have matched much better this time! I still have a lot to do, but it's kind of fun because my kids are doing so well. So much progress to celebrate!
One more thing - Lucas refuses to wear his own shoes now. He will only wear Ethan's old shoes - which are still too big, but that boy is stubborn. So if you see my son and he's looking a bit clown-foot-ish, just know it's not my fault. He'll even tell you "Too big." But he won't take them off.

No comments: