Monday, July 13, 2009

What a Trip! - A Novel....

Warning- this blog has a whole lotta pictures, so if you're not in the mood- don't bother :) I didn't even pick a quarter of them- there were so many! I for one, love the pictures.... And promise to be blogging somewhat more faithfully.

First stop was my parents' house. We were only there for a very short time- so we just hung out in the backyard in their pool. Well, Ethan was brave enough to get in. The rest of us just waded. We were able to see Nana before we had to get ready for our flight.

We jumped on a plane to Chicago - not too bad - rented a minivan, and then drove to South Bend to my grandpa (Baboo)'s house. We awaited the arrival of all of our cousins, aunt, siblings, etc. In all there would be 20 total for the 4th.
I got to meet my niece Maddie for the first time. Morgan (other niece) and Ethan helped me feed her. Help is a subjective term here, but it was fun. Maddie is beautiful. Red hair like her sister and definitely persistent. I didn't let go of her much the whole weekend. I'm not much of a sharer. :)
Morgan and Ethan did not take long to warm up and take over the house. They were so funny together. They all took turn having tantrums, but there were a lot of just plain fun times too.

These three were so cute together- Morgan at 3.5, Ethan at 3, and Lucy at 2.5. We loved swimming in the pool!

Staying still has never been easy for us, but still... I like this picture
Our side - my have we grown.
All 20 of us. Sheesh. We make a good picture, don't we?

My Aunt Mary Leigh brought her dog, Pamela. She helped me feed Maddie. Note her cool shirt.

Cousins Lexi and Casey helped take care of Maddie and Lucas. Lucas thought Miss Buckethead was pretty funny.

Ethan was not a fan of the fireworks. He watched from inside the back of the van. He would ask me what color they were... Later on he ventured to the front of the car and he and Morgan were pretending to drive everywhere. When one particularly loud firework went off, he yelled to my mom "PUT MY SEATBELT ON !!!"
Lucy brought her T-Ball set and it was a *hit*.

We took a few trips to Notre Dame- where my Baboo was the Assistant Dean of the Law School and taught for many many years. We visited my grandma, who is buried there, saw Baboo Bill's office, ran around, and, of course, bought out the bookstore.

This is the dorm Kev lived in. Future Notre Damers?

Baboo and Ethan hanging out on campus. I love this picture.

The guys- in front of the law school, in front of a tree our family had planted there in honor of our Baboos' anniversary.

Lucas had his first trip to a Chick-Fil-A. He approved.

We flew back to WA - somewhat uneventful (except for the tag team temper tantrums) and relaxed for a day or so before we jumped on the ferry for the Seattle aquarium. Ethan makes a good jellyfish, I think.

Ethan was a little too freaked out to touch the starfish, so I did it for him. Slimy!
Lucas crawled as fast as his chubby little legs could go to Nana every time he saw her. He even pushed himself over on that table thing-y.

Ethan loved loved loved driving the john deere with my dad. Loved it loved it loved it...
All in all- we had a fabulous time. I'm sure I'll think of more things as time goes on... My only regret was that we didn't get to see any friends in WA. There just wasn't time. Bummer, but next time, for sure. The 9 hour drive back took 11.5 hours and was fairly miserable, but we survived- kind of... Now 10 days before our next big trip!

No comments: