Saturday, February 4, 2012

Last Weekend...

Last weekend was one of those that was so fun that it took a bit to recover.  Add to that my class' musical this week and it has been one hectic 7 days.  But a wonderful 7 days...
It started Friday night - my mom got the boys from school and headed out to their house while I drove to pick up Grammy from the ferry.  She and Grandpa were visiting the new baby and we stole her for a night so she could see Ethan's basketball game.  We had a great dinner with my parents and then got the boys home and into bed for our busy weekend ahead.  Well, tried to, but it took a bit.  The boys were oh so excited to have Grammy around!
The next morning was E's third game and he had quite the fan club - my favorite being Nadia in full cheerleader gear.  Not every boy gets his own personal cheerleader!
 Lucas also enjoyed having Nadia there to play with while we adults watched the game, trying to help Ethan distinguish between defensive hands and jazz hands....
 It sure makes him feel good to have his fans there and I know it was extra special to have Nadia, Sonia, and Grammy there all at the same time!
 After the game, we headed out to see the new baby (and his older brother who we were equally excited to see).  This is where I learned that my son is a baby hog.  He could not get enough of Baby Cooper!
 They even rested together once he was too tired to sit upright...
 Brian was a bit of a hog too - but really, it's understandable.  That kid is just too darn cute.
 All three boys were very possessive and kept trying to out-snuggle the others....
 But again - look at that face!!!  So snuggable....
 We had a couple of "new baby" presents - including a gorgeous sweater from my mom - which is a bit big at the moment, but sooooooo soft.  It's nice when they are still so little they let you dress them up.  I like that.
 The next morning it was giddy-up time with Grandpa.  Oh were the boys excited....
 And poor Grandpa - just imagine once Cooper's old enough to climb on too!
 Cole's birthday was coming up, so we decided to have a birthday party while we were all there.  We've never been there for any of our nieces' or nephews' birthdays, so this was VERY exciting for me.
 Once the decorations were up (which Ethan helped with enthusiastically!), the  boys were excited to get the show on the road...
 Nothing like some crazy glasses to brighten the morning...
 I love seeing these cousins getting to bond - the same way I did with my cousins growing up...  Love it!
 Cooper was so cooperative.  Man I miss that side of babydom.
 As the party went on, the boys' energy level grew and grew....  They were so great during the presents - helping out lots....  Well, trying to be helpful....
 We brought a football party game and the boys loved it.  Especially Brian....
 The boy ate his cake and though he was not yet officially two, he sure acted like it.  Such a big boy!
It was hard to come back to reality after all that fun, but comeback we did...  Ethan was so exhausted on Monday (from the late nights + a bit of a cold he'd developed) that he fell asleep in the nurse's office at school for about two hours.  My class' play was amazingly wonderful and the rest of the events of the week went smoothly.
Now it's time for basketball, a movie date courtesy of my parents', a pre-superbowl party, and some shopping....  And maybe a bit of rest in there too - if I can happen to find any time!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

He's sooo cute!
Babies are pretty great... Maybe you should have another one.