Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 and some change....

 It's been a week!  I never figured such a small break would be so painful, but there you go.  My sinus infection has finally cleared up (I think), and I am starting to get some energy back.  Kind of anyway.... 
Luckily Grammy was here to entertain the boys - as I also had meetings and wrapping-up-the-end-of-the-year stuff to do.  
Thursday night the boys and Grammy made do-it-yourself sundaes - which was a big hit.  Yum.

 Friday, after finally getting checked out of my classroom, we went bowling and the boys had a blast.  Ethan has quite the victory jump after every ball he throws.
 Lucas takes it very seriously, and did well - with bumpers!
 Grammy won each game, but we were impressed that Ethan's score on his second game was higher than his first, even though he really didn't use the ball ramp much on the 2nd.  Lucas did it mostly himself on his second game too - hard work for those little arms!
 Afterward, we headed over for some afternoon treats.
 Lucas insisted on bringing his tiger... and thoroughly loved feeding him.  The boy is still very attached to all his "pets".  He was super excited that his new suitcase came with an airplane "pet" to take with him.
 Saturday brought the arrival of our nephews and family.  We didn't do much - I was trying to rest as much as possible, but we did make it out for an early birthday dinner.  Turning 31 is not a super-exciting thing, but I do love birthdays....
We came home and celebrated further with a cake and a few presents.
 The boys got me a super big, fluffy towel and slippers...  Of course, I really only need one slipper for the next month, but the other can wait patiently for another 4 weeks....
 The best part was watching Ethan help take care of his youngest cousin.  He sooooo loves Cooper.
 Ethan also enjoyed taking pictures around the house - here are two of my favorites......

 Everyone left during naptime and then the boys and I headed out to the Pumas game - a local professional development soccer league.  It was great fun!  One of my friends from school has a son on the team (though he was sitting out due to multiple yellow cards).
 The boys were transfixed by the action - loving every second of it...
Yesterday was truly relaxing... My parents came and picked up the boys in the morning and came back about dinner time.  A whole day to myself to sit around and read.  It was fabulous.  And now we're off to the orthopedics doc to confirm my fracture - 2 weeks later....
So, happy birthday to me...  And I hope the next year is a little less eventful, but just as fun.  I hope for no broken bones and a few less doctor bills, but all the adventures and excitement.  Just not of the medical kind....

No comments: