Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Friends and Spring Break Shenanigans

The first true day of Spring Break (the first day I got to not go to work), I let the boys go to daycare and I took the day for myself.  I can't remember exactly what I did, but I know I made it to Starbucks for Breakfast - as my picture attests...  The peep is part of an assignment I gave to my students - sort of a Flat Stanley project, but with peeps.  It's a great way that they can share their Spring Break adventures and use a little creativity in the meantime.  (And by the way, the scrapbooks and picture collections this year were hilarious.  One of the funniest was seeing the peep eaten by a Skylander).
I spent the day relaxing, and then we were off to Seattle to meet a new friend, our new roommate Kyle.  A couple months back, one of Brian's twitter friends decided he was up and moving to Seattle to follow his dreams in the gaming industry.  He needed a place to stay while looking for work and getting settled, and we have a huge basement.  We knew how hard it was to make that kind of move - and knew that Brian wouldn't have been able to do it had we not had a place for him to stay when he first moved out, so we offered it up.  I started to get to know him through chat and texts, and turns out he's a really cool guy.
The boys were super excited.  Kyle likes video games and pokemon, so he ranked high on their cool list.
 The video game discussions started quickly and really never ended....  Brian's thrilled to have someone around that actually likes to talk about that stuff.
 Ethan jumped in right away - needing to explain all his philosophies and strategies with his pokey-mon-ing.  The boys adore him and so do we.  He even cooks and cleans - which we all know I am not so talented at....
 The poor guy got a rude awakening into the Sprague zoo - Spring Break meant we  were home a lot, getting up early, and being just plain loud.  2 little boys, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, and a noisy cat - never boring and never quiet...
The first part of the week was pretty relaxing.  Lucas and I made some rockin' pokeymon pancakes - or at least tried to...
 My pikachu needs some work - but to be fair, I had a four year old directing me.....
 The pokey-ball turned out better, but still not great.  Lucas just kept bringing me cards that he wanted me to make - not easy.
 There was a lot of building and creating - which of course means a lot of mess, but that's how we roll in Sprague-ville....
 My favorite part of our home-time of Spring Break was the dance party.  Ethan has got some great moves - didn't even realize.  He danced and danced and danced and had great rhythm and musicality.  Lucas, well, he jumped around a lot and screamed.  Also fun.
We're the Spragues - loud and messy, but we have a lot of fun.  Welcome to the family Kyle - hope we don't scare you :)

No comments: