Friday, April 6, 2012

Tuesday

Monday night left the boys with all sorts of ideas of what needed to happen in the rest of the week.  It left me with a desire for everyone to feel good and have some fun.  But first, I had some work to do.  And before I could do that, I had to finish a couple of novels that were sitting around the house....
 On Tuesday, I picked up the boys early to take them to the dentist.  Ethan was so stinkin' excited.  No one has informed him that going to the dentist stinks yet.  I guess that's good.  They both had to sit for a bit during my cleaning.  They had a million and one questions and entertained everyone there.
Ethan went and was mostly done by the time I was done and apparently informed them that he brushes on "Sunday, and Monday, sometimes on Tuesday, but never on Wednesday."   And that his favorite foods were "Cheese sticks and root beer. I get them all the time."  Upon approaching him, he yells out excitedly, "I have 2 cavities!!!"    I tried to explain that we don't brag about that, or advertise it, but he wasn't buying it.  He'll find out how not fun cavities are next Tuesday when they're filled.
Lucas was oh so nervous, but hopped up into the chair.  The only part he refused were the x-rays.  "I need be a little older for dat."  He loved the sunglasses he had to wear, but kept making the hygienist stop to wipe his eyes because "My eye is leaking!"  
 Overall, they did awesome and loved the little bags of dental goodies they got.  And of course they both picked yoyos from the prize box.  What is their obsession with yoyos?  I have about a million sitting around the house, dead and unspun.  I hate yoyos.  Maybe that's why they pick them.
Next we decided to go paint some pottery.
 They both enjoyed it, but were done in 30 minutes - and that's a lot of money for 30 minutes of entertainment.  Oh well, it was fun to see their concentration and painting styles...
 We got home and the boys decided to make dinner for me...
I was scared at first, but then they pulled out quesadilla stuff and that was good... they could handle that...
 Ethan took charge, directing Lucas to go get the plates and knives...
 Why knives, you ask?  Because the boys had a secret ingredient - cut up pretzel rods!
 Lucas wasn't too sure, but soon was won over...
 With a little assistance from his older brother...
 Such care taken - and that filthy cast was all over it....
 They even figured out the microwave...  not sure if this is a good thing...
 Though not pretty, it was pretty good...  
 The added crunch was nice....
I was so re-energized after having dinner made for me, that we decided to head out for haircuts.  Lucas befriended an 80-something man that was waiting to be picked up by his daughter and the two had a 30 minute conversation.  Lucas was super excited to tell him all about life and make him laugh. I had the lady keep their hair a little longer this time, and I don't really like it, but oh well....  There's always next time.
So, moral of the story - Tuesday was better than Monday....  Which gave me high hopes for Wednesday - maybe too high!

No comments: