Friday, August 17, 2012

Aladdin, Street Dance, Aladdin

We arrived at the theater and Ethan pointed out the poster he had made for the show - I particularly liked that he wrote his name on his legs...  It was time for Aladdin to begin!  Lucas and I had been so excited all week we were almost giddy as the lights went down....
 I can't decide whether I laughed or cried more (happy tears)...  The dancing was absolutely hilarious and he was just so darned proud of himself.  He looked so small and yet was definitely not lost on stage.  You could tell he was totally high on the adrenaline of performing...  He is his Mama's boy in that!
Nadia came to see the show and Ethan was SO excited to see her.
Nadia was so proud of him, she could hardly help herself...  Which Ethan of course, loved...  (though he wouldn't tell you that)....
 We headed out afterward to Poulsbo for their annual Street Dance.  Last year, Ethan was the dancing machine....  This year - totally self-conscious.  Broke. My. Heart.  I know how much he loves to dance, so it killed me that he'd just stand there....    We finally got them up on stage and into the conga line, but it was sooo different.  I kept waiting for him to break out of his shell and start letting loose - never really happened....
 The first band was pretty awful - definitely not family oriented, but we still danced - with Ethan grabbing on to me and refusing to let go the whole time.  We intermissioned for ice cream - and that seemed to help..... or maybe it was the better music, but he loosened up a little after that.  A little.
 Lucas enjoyed playing around on the ground - and messing with the manhole covers...  And got FILTHY.
 But they definitely had fun...  The next day was Ethan's next performance and he had several friends come and see him - as well as his cousins - Cooper and Cole.
 He was so sad for it to be over....
 I think the boy has fallen in love with performing...
I don't blame him!

No comments: