Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Fair!

 The fair is always fun.  I love the rides, I love the food, I love the animals...  I love it all!
The boys are no different - though they don't really love mom going on the rides with them anymore - sad.
This year Nadia met us there and that was super fun!
The did let me go on this ride - so I could spin it super fast - but then no one would go on it with me again - apparently super fast is a bit too fast.....
 Ethan ate all but a bit of this gigantic corn dog - gross!  
He's kind of looking like a corn dog himself in this picture, I think!
 We got to watch some pig races - go Strawberry!  Ethan got to be a cheer leader for our section - though he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do.  He did like getting Strawberry's ribbon though!
 Rides... rides.....
 More rides.....
 We ran into friends of Ethan's from school and he had a blast riding with them.  I think he has a bit of a crush....
 We checked out the animals - I think the cat's decorated cages were the winners...  But this just shows why I love Miss Nadia so - she wanted a picture with this guy!  And Lucas went along with it, though it made him a little nervous...
 I loved the way Lucas dressed for the fair - especially the socks.  These are the wool socks my mom knit him after she gave Ethan some for the hospital and Lucas got a little jealous...  He's wearing them on an 80 degree day and they are upside down-sideways on his feet - with the heels coming out the side of his shoes....  
It was fabulous - hot (we all got a bit sunburned) - but fabulous.  We made it 8 hours before I finally gave out.  My ankle was done and I was ready for bed.
Only one more big event this summer - and that would be a certain little boy's 4th birthday!!!  Eek!  

No comments: