Friday, December 17, 2010

Excitement

"What the heck?! Cars! I love cars! These are my very special cars!"
I love watching little kids open presents - before they care about brands or anything like that. It's just exciting to open a gift and see what's inside. We exchanged with Nadia on Thursday and had great fun watching them ooh and ahh over their dollar-store gifts. Lucas was most thrilled with his chocolate Santa - that he ate before even opening the rest of his present - in very few bites. He wsn't waiting to ask for permission.

My favorite gift that the boys picked out for Nadia was the purple hat. Lucas wore it in the store for a good 20 minutes. It's stylish! I need one.
I was responsible for dessert. So I did what any self-respecting teacher does this time of year; I stole leftover cupcakes from the teacher's lounge. It did not faze the kids at all that they were neon. Or that they had birthday decorations. We just made up holiday sayings for them. Good thing they can't read yet!
So good to have good friends!
Tomorrow's Christmas and this little elf needs to get some sleep! This little elf also needs to pack the basement in the next 48 hours or so, but that might be a little unrealistic.

No comments: