Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Plague of Sprague

Oh my has it been a week.... A stomach bug has ransacked our house, taking out everyone but Brian. Of course. He never catches this stuff. It is infuriating, to say the least. Not that I want him to be sick, I just want to be that person for once!

Sunday was Lucas' day to "shine". We were literally on our way out the door to church and.... well, I'll spare you the details. Needless to say, Ethan and I ran as fast as we could out of there. Poor Brian. Lucas never really acted sick, just had horrible diapers and general crankiness. Monday the boys stayed home with me. Lots and lots of movies and lots and lots of chores for me.

Ethan still hadn't shown any signs, but was shrieking about his stomach, so Brian stayed home with them on Tuesday. Sure enough, midmorning, he could not keep any food or liquid down. Again, poor Brian. Though I was working with a very queasy stomach, and that was tough. Lucas was fine at this point, had gone 24 hours without any tummy trouble, but now Ethan was a total mess.

So Thursday was my day again. He and I sat on the couch and rested the entire day. He had a fever of 102 and was just achy all over. It was awful. Mom came over to sit with him while I ran to get Lucas from daycare. (For once Lucas was excited to go to daycare! He'd had enough of the sick house!)

So Friday we though all was well and took the boys in. We got the call around 11 that Ethan was miserable and needed to be picked up. Not sure how actually miserable he was.... But, he thoroughly enjoyed his afternoon with Uma (thanks mom!!) and was pretty much back to normal by evening. Where he took this cool picture of his inside garden.

And now we are pretty much normal. Though everyone is a tad cranky - as you can see.

So this weekend is rest, recoup, and rebound. Hope this wasn't too whiny. I promise for some more encouraging words/pictures this weeekend! Even if I have to force it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying that you have a restful weekend! Donita