Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend's over already?


Time flies... It literally feels like this weekend was over in a snap. We survived. Brian worked all day Saturday and went to work a while ago tonight. Yesterday we had great fun- Lucas has learned how to "play". He's grabbing at his toys and smiling and gurgling. That may not seem like much, but to us it's amazing! We played and played and played some more. Here's a picture of Ethan "sharing" his toys with sleeping Lucas.... cute...


Ethan has not had one single accident this weekend. He hasn't even gone in his pull-up - even at night. Impressive, I must say! I'd say we are well on the way to being without diapers! Well, for that one.... The other one made good use of his diapers again and again.
This week we work at transitioning into Brian's work schedule, but the boys are still in daycare full time for two more weeks. We were hoping Brian would find something before then, but it's not looking too hopeful. It's just a stinky time to be looking. Mark's sermon this morning was about giving up all worry and relying on God to calm us. I kept thinking about that verse, I think it's in Philippians, about not being anxious about anything, but giving it all to God. There's a lot I want to be anxious about, but really, what's the use? God'll get us through. And, he has given us caffeine and that is a big help! Good thing Lucas doesn't seem to mind when I drink a lot of it!
I'm off to finish lesson plans - I've got to get ready for the week. I've got to figure out how to talk about reproduction without the kids getting squirrelly. And I was hoping for a calm week!

No comments: