Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Saturday in Pictures....

It started with a morning of reading our library books... all about dinosaurs.
"Mommy, that dinosaur isn't eating that one. He just putting it in his teeth. Not eating it."
Whatever helps him sleep at night....
Then, after Daddy went to work, some art time on the driveway. Ethan was very proud of the box he drew. Lucas was very proud of the pink chalk he ate.
Next we were off to the park with Jess and Liam. Liam is most certainly teething- chewing the heck outta his toy. He and Lucas swung and swung while Ethan played on the "big boy" equipment.

After naps, we headed out to Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge. There is a Visitor Center there with all sorts of activities. I've been there on field trips, but this is the first time I took the boys (I think it was anyway). They liked making prints in the sand. Though, Lucas just tried to make prints in his mouth.
They have a set of stuffed toy birds that make their sounds. Lucas liked to see how each one tasted.
Ethan channeled his inner Diego and used the "telelesope" to spot the osprey.

And then, as Mommy was slightly exhausted - we went for a coffee date. We had fun until Lucas started running all over the place shrieking. Then we had to leave - for everyone's sanity.
I love my boys. I love having energy to play with them and take them places again. I am so grateful to myself and my family for getting me in better shape. I could never have done this day a few months ago.
I love my boys.

No comments: