Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sorry No Pictures.

I am reminded as to why I don't read really good books very often in the school year. Because they make me neglect all other things. So my lunches are not made, the laundry is not done, the house is not straightened, but still - the book was that good! (The Hunger Games).
So, no pictures, but quickly.... Lucas has discovered communication. Not only did he start saying "kitty" this weekend, we also figured out that he is saying "thank you" after we give him something. He still refuses to say mama or daddy and tonight when I asked him where his mommy was, he walked over to the singing penguin toy and pointed, sly smile on his face. He's nodding and shaking his head for yes/no. And gesturing madly when he wants things. He was in a great mood tonight which worked out well since my nose was permanently fixated into my book.
Ethan's been having a really hard time not knocking over people/things, so I made him run and jump and dance as much as I could today before dinner. It seemed to work as he was the sweetest boy after that and we just snuggled as he watched his National Geographic movies. Again, worked out well since it was all I could do to keep somewhat connected to what was going on outside of my book.
Oh, and I can't remember if I told you, but all week Ethan has been calling his new Sunday School teacher "Mukka". I could not, for the life of me, interpret that and thought it must be a family name from some other country. I found out today - not Mukka, but Monica. That makes more sense.

No comments: