Saturday, October 9, 2010

Longest, Shortest Week Ever

This week simultaneously dragged and flew by. Ethan lost one sandal and has been going to swimming lessons this way. The first time we all laughed and found it cute. Now I think it's a permanent fixture. Oh well. There are worse things!
Lucas has picked up so many words this week. They finally seem to be coming. He's been pretty chipper too. Driving his brother crazy, but I think that's just payback for the last 2 years. The car is now twice as loud during our commute, but I'll take it. The increased language also means that he is easier to calm down when he's upset.
Ethan had a rough week in class - got in a bit of trouble - but also wrote his first apology note - "Im sorE". He is just a little sponge right now - both for the good and the bad!
I brought home some reading materials for him last night and he went nuts. We worked for about an hour and he was loving it. The program combines sight words with pictures so they can read little stories all by themselves. He really liked it. There are also games and different activities. It's fun to be on this side of reading. I don't know that I'd have the patience to work with a whole class, but getting to spend the time with Ethan is great.
I know funny things happened this week - like a looooong discussion about Santa and how good his memory is, the full-on explanation of our jail system, and various other topics, but I seriously cannot remember it all. This week sucked out my memory! This weekend we'll gain it back - I hope!

No comments: