Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Farewell Summer!

Even Ethan is ready for school. I got him some cheapo school supplies and he's been practicing cutting and gluing. Not so easy I'm finding. Also- I think he is totally left-handed! He would only hold the scissors in his left hand. I helped him cut out the motorbike on the page, but after that, he just sliced up the whole magazine- no real purpose. But, he had fun - and school supplies are SO cheap now!

Lucas has become, let's say determined... He wants what he wants and he wants it now. And if you don't give it to him? Screaming! He is such a screamer! Still just a few steps at a time, but I know he could do it if he wanted to.

I've been working in my room, going to trainings, and just getting ready in general for those 24 kiddos that will be entrusted to me for the next 9 months. I'm getting excited- I really am. It's always hard to go back- I hate not being able to be with the boys whenever I want to, but it makes our evening times so much fun. I have many many frozen meals ready, along with the old stand bys, chicken nuggets and the sort... There's a lot on my summer list that didn't get done, but, hey- no one is perfect! I go back tomorrow and take on the world.



Brian caught Ethan posing for the mirror. There really isn't any sound, but if you listen really carefully, you can hear him say "ka-chow!" (That's Lightning McQueen speak...)



No comments: