Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On The Road Again...

Ethan, Lucas, and I leave bright and early (hoping for 4ish, but we'll see) tomorrow morning for Lake Chelan, WA. It's a 9 hour drive, but my parents are meeting us in Moses Lake for lunch (if our timing works out right) so only 6ish hours on my own (coming back it'll be all me baby!)
I'm leaving super early in hopes that the boys will sleep sleep sleep for the first leg of the trip. I, however, will not be sleeping. This is a change for me on road trips. Luckily I have the novels (audio) of Janet Evanovich to keep me company and keep me giggling. That and a thermos full o' coffee. Maybe two to be safe....
I'm really looking forward to going back to Wapato Point (the place we stay) - it's been so long and there is lots to do outside there. I'm looking forward to lots of pool time and playground time - just having a good time with the boys. We're going to miss Brian terribly (especially in the middle of the night and at 4am when Lucas apparently needs to be fed every morning) but it'll be nice for him to get some down time (yeah right- I made him a honey-do list a mile and a half long).
So now that I've used my quota of parenthesed snarky comments for the year, I should probably go to bed (after I finish the laundry because someone forgot all my dirty clothes laying on the bathroom floor- how dare he!) ( I shouldn't make these comments as he's out filling up the car with gas right now!)
Off to ride the bike for a bit while my schtuff dries....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
There will be a big group arriving from Bremerton on Sat., including Bob and Eileen Kollars. I am not sure who else. Maybe you will run into them. Have a great time! Sorry we missed you last weekend!
Love, Donita