Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Happiest Baby on the Block!


We had such a great day! Lucas and I went to the mall and then walked over to Starbucks. He was a trooper in my new sling- slept the whole time. I bought the book - The Happiest Baby on the Block - and was reminded about a lot of soothing strategies that we learned in our childbirth class. Not that Lucas is very fussy, but he does have his moments. I especially focused on the "sleeping longer" portion of the book. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ethan was absolutely wonderful this evening. We had so much fun with him! His teacher was really excited to tell me how wonderful he is at school. I guess I'm glad he saves it all from home?! We were also amazed at his computer skills. He can play his Elmo computer game all by himself now! Not that I don't love playing with him, but I can only handle so much - and he likes to play for awhile and switch between games. So, it's nice he can play by himself. We also made cookies together and he and his Daddy read the Look and Find book.

Tomorrow is an exciting day- a baby shower for me and two other teachers at school. It will be fun to see everyone from school, and of course I love a party! Lucas is the only baby born yet, so he'll be a star, I'm sure. I promise I'll get some pictures up of Ethan- I just see Lucas a lot more right now!

No comments: