Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Vacation in Vacation...

I'm done with summer school for a few weeks - and it feels good to be free of planning for a bit. Of course, I have a class the next two days but I'll make it through. And then it's onto getting ready for our big trip! I can hardly wait. Tonight we Skyped with my parents and the boys were hilarious- never once stopped moving. Lucas even pulled himself up to standing (just off the floor, not holding on to anything) and stood there for about 8 seconds (yes, we counted). And Ethan grabbed his library book and "read" it to my parents. Then there was lots of chasing the laptop, squealing, screeching, and general showing off. They are charmers, these boys!
Yesterday we took the boys to go and feed the ducks on the greenbelt. Ethan loved it - no fear until the duck came and tried to nip the bread right out of his hand. So then the boy, ever creative, climbed on top of the bench from there on out to throw the bread. He didn't want to leave, kept telling the ducks - "We be back soon. We have to go to store to get more bread." And then he threw a big fit because I wouldn't take him right then. He really cares...
Oh these boys.... so cute... so exhausting... wouldn't trade 'em...

No comments: