Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Down with Stomache Bugs!

So I guess the ER doc I formerly referred to as crazy was right... It was just a tummy virus that Lucas had. How do I know? The last night Brian was here, Ethan got so so so so sick, all night long and into the next morning. Then Brian got it that night, though not so violently... And then last night was my turn. So now that we've all had it, I'm hoping we can move on. I was home tody and hoped to do some cleaning, but that didn't happen. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
As far as Brian goes - he's doing great and excited about what he's working on. We don't get to talk to him much, as our schedules are kind of opposite, but we're hoping to have a daily Skype chat in the mornings. We miss him terribly, though I think the boys are still having a hard time conceptualizing that Brian's not here.
As for being a faux-single parent? I'm getting a bit better - more organized, more forgiving of myself... We've changed a few things routine wise to help - eating really simple dinners - like the "fondue" in the pictures - grilled cheese cut into strips, with matchstick carrots, all to dip into spaghetti sauce.

Ethan was a pro. Lucas not so much. He just wanted to lick the sauce off the bowls. Don't know where he learned that habit...
I'm really praying for a good night's sleep tonight - that's my goal. And a nice big cup of coffee in the morning! I couldn't drink any today and that probably made me feel as bad as the bug did... Onward we go...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

does lucas have a shiner in this pic?

katieanne said...

yep - sure is!