Sunday, January 24, 2010

He'd make a good sheriff...

Cutting it short, because I am EXHAUSTED. 26 fifth graders is nothing compared to two toddlers all weekend! The pic is from our playdate yesterday- hilarious!
Today we spent cleaning! I think we (and by "we" I am sure you realize I mean me and the two anti-cleaners proudly taking everything out behind me) probably cleaned a total of 4 hours. Maybe more. And we bathed, crockpotted a meal, graded a bunch of papers, 4 loads of laundry, and got to go wish Miss Ella Grace a Happy First Birthday! Ethan loved playing with her, though Lucas was really only interested in her toys and was not happy if she touched the ones he wanted. It was fun to catch up with the Simmonds family and to see Ella crawlin' around everywhere!
I have a few more sets of papers, but I seriously don't think I can take it - so off to bed I go. At 6:41, yes. Sad, but I'm sure I'll watch TV for a bit and drink the LAST (hint hint Brian) of my Market Spice tea.
So yes, weekend by ourselves #2 was not nearly as rough, though I'm throwing in the towel pretty early!
5 more sleeps!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I can sympathize- lots of "single parenting" when Bill was at sea for long periods of time but unlike you I was not working outside the home. Hang in there! You will get into a groove! You are doing a great job!
Love, Donita

Sarah said...

Market Spice Tea is pretty wonderful. Good luck with the rest of the week.