Monday, December 1, 2008

Merry Thanksmas!



In our family, we rotate which family we spend Christmas with every year. So, on the year that we won't be together for Christmas, we do Thanksmas- a somewhat (though not that much) smaller version of Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend. This weekend, we spent having Thanksmas with my parents, my Baboo (grandpa), Nana (grandma), and my brother and his family. It was so much fun! Exhausting, yes, but so many good memories were created!

We got to spend a lot of time with my niece Morgan. She and Ethan were quick friends. Of course, they competed over everything, but all in all they got along really well. No pulling of the hair, like last year. They baked cookies together, played games, and watched movies. It was just one adventure after another. Morgan is great fun. She never stops moving... literally! I know it's awful to say, but I'm thankful that Ethan is such a TV lover. I know, I know, TV is evil!
In our family tradition, we ended up at Urgent Care- Lucas has ear infections. He really wasn't that fussy though, so it didn't put too much of a damper on the weekend.

The non-highlight of our trip was in the airport when Ethan dumped over my coffee.... on my seat... So I had to walk around the rest of the day with a soaking, brown behind... classy, I know! I survived though, and despite minimal delays, we made it home easily.

I had a whole lot of coffee today, so it went pretty well. I'm sure at some point I'll crash, but I'm not there yet. Soon, I can feel it coming! This week, we're working on getting Lucas to go all night without eating. Last night he went from 8ish to 6 this morning! I'd call that success! He didn't sleep real well though- kept getting out of his swaddle! Oh, and by the way- Ethan is pretty much fully potty trained! What a guy!

No comments: