Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh What a Night!

Lucas slept 11 hours straight last night! I'm sure it has to do with the antibiotics he's on, but we'll take it! I woke up several times, of course, but yahoo!
My kids took the big state writing test today. I was reminded of how stressful testing can be for teachers. I've made the decision that I won't stress. All I can do is teach them the best way I know how and get them enthusiastic about their work. I was somewhat dreading this test because I just did not feel they were prepared. But, they wrote better today than they ever have, so I can't complain. It was like things clicked for them- very exciting. Who knows if the scores were any good, but I was excited to see their work. Those poor kids are tested, tested, and tested some more. And teachers, the ones worth anything anyhow, feel as if they are tested through each and every one of those. We're expected to do more with less resources and get better results. So I've decided just to take it as it comes and not stress. I'm not paid enough.
Ethan was cute tonight. My parents got him a book with a bunch of short stories from the Pixar movies. He normally loses interest within a couple pages of a book, but he really loves this one. He and Brian have read from it each night since we've been home. It reminds me of reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing with my mom and my brother, curled up on my parents' bed. So fun!

No comments: