Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Freckles have arrived!

I always know that it's truly turned to Spring when my face fills up with freckles! I love it. We had a most fabulous day. Ethan and I worked in his garden, adding lettuce to it. I sure hope something grows, though with him always digging his shovel around in there, who knows....
Then Brian was off to work and we were off to the other Savannah's party. We had a blast! Ethan played in the bouncy house almost the entire time and I chatted with a couple of moms who I think just may end up being friends :) One mom, Mindy was so incredibly helpful as I had Lucas with me too. She even offered to take Ethan any time so I can go do whatever. A really nice woman :) Ethan's best buddies were there, except for the other boy in his class. But Ethan's okay with being the only "man" in the group. He even helped Gabby out the door, putting his hand on the small of her back to guide her. Straight out of a romance novel, I tell you!
After that, we took naps - not me though, I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred workout video (OUCH) - and then played. This evening we took a walk down at the greenbelt and got up close and personal with lots and lots and lots of ducks, sheep, goats, and cows. Ethan was digging it and DID NOT want to leave. As we passed people on the path he'd say
"Hi."
"Hello there - how are you " (complete stranger)
"I going home. I DO NOT WANT TO GO HOME!
As he said this (screamed this) he'd put his arms up in the air and his bottom lip out as far as it can possibly go. Too funny. We made a lot of people smile :)
And now, we're gearing up to watch Thursday night TV. Yes, I realize it's not Thursday, but we're a little behind this week....

No comments: