Sunday, April 5, 2009

Howdy Y'all!

My parents just got back from Texas and sent some fabulous hats! What a crack up!

Ethan calls it his "superhero" hat. Last night when our dog, Kenya was being naughty, he threw it on, ran after her, and once she got down, announced, "I did it!", threw the hat down and kept playing. What a goof!

Speaking of our dog, we went and adopted another dog today, from the Humane Society. Duke is almost an identical breed to Kenya and a little younger. He is so good with the boys (of course we will be very careful anyway) and he and Kenya had a blast playing in the backyard. We're hoping that they will play together when they're outside and get some exercise. We knew we wanted a companion for Kenya and then yesterday I was reading about the problems the shelters are having because of the economic crisis. Many people are having to give up their pets to move into apartments, etc. When we looked at the site, we saw Duke and knew we needed to meet him. We do have 30 days for our decision to be final- just in case there are any concerns, but as for right now, it's going great!
I'm not sure I'm ready for another school week! I did get to go golfing with my friend, Kris, today and had so much fun. I got totally sunburned- guess it's time to break out the sunscreen. Here's hoping the nice weather continues!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

well hey! congrats on the new doggie!