Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow Fight!!

I've always hated snow. No, I guess that's not really true. I hate being cold - especially cold and wet. So, I only like snow when I can be inside toasty warm, watching lifetime movies and eating delicious (and healthy of course) snacks. When it snowed earlier this week Ethan started begging for someone to have a Snow Fight with him. Excuse after excuse, I got out of it and crushed his little dreams. So, today, I bucked up and brought him out while I shoveled this morning.
I now love snow. He just giggled and giggled and was totally mesmerized by the powdery white stuff - even when I threw a shovelful in his face by accident. We threw lots of snowballs and came back coated. Lucas was totally fascinated when we came back in - Ethan brought another snowball to watch melt. Of course now it's been snowing all morning and there is 10 times as much as there was earlier and no longer a clear driveway, but oh well - that was 106 extra calories I burned to be used on the cookies we're going to make!
Brian did hear from those guys in Seattle, but it is neither yeah or nay yet. They sent him an "art test" to be done over the next 7 days. So, he's super busy, but enjoying himself immensely. Good luck to him and may all the creative juices flow freely!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU BURN ABOUT 450 CALORIES PER HOUR WHEN YOU SHOVEL? IT'S TRUE..SAW IT ON THE TODAY SHOW THIS WEEK! SO YIPPEE FOR SNOW!