Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweaty Boy!

Ethan's fever broke at about 9 last night- awesome! He still woke up a couple of times, but I think he just might be feeling better. We'll know better when he's awake. However, because of the 24 hour rule, he'll be home again today with Brian to make sure he's better. They had a Pixar marathon and lots of snuggle time yesterday and it seems to have done the trick!
I had an exhausting day. On the first day of 4th grade, kids still desperately want to impress you- there is a honeymoon period. Not so much with my 5th graders. They jumped right in there and started trying to push every button I have. I realize my patience might be a bit short, but sheesh! Today I'm just going to push them really hard- lots of work and lots of practice of routines. They're not going to be happy about it! I'll just put science at the end of the day and that should make them forgiving. It really is all about manipulation! At least with my crazy kids, I don't even notice the aches and pains of being hugely pregnant, for the most part. Last night, I did have some strong contractions every 10 or so minutes for an hour, but then they stopped. I'm really ready any time, have I said that? Of course, the more I'm at school the more I'm freaking out about all the things I should get done before he comes... I can't win! On to a better day!

No comments: