Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 more kid days!!!

I'm going to miss this class, but I am so excited for this summer! I just came in from the garden- it's too dark to be out there anymore and was just excited to get out there and start digging out all our plants. This summer is about getting in shape and about getting our house and yard in shape. We're ready!
And of course, spending time with the boys :). Lucas is getting so brave- letting go when he's standing up against things and trying desperately to stand on his own. He falls, of course, but then goes right back to it. He still is trying to crawl, but just gets mad and gives up, laying with his face on the floor screaming. His best moment today was when he overturned the dogs' water bowl all over himself. He will figure this out, right?
Ethan answered the phone when I called after my meeting today and it was almost surreal that I could totally have a conversation with him- no translation necessary. He also helped me make dinner- ham fried rice (with brown rice and spinach - and everyone ate it!) We just had a great night- Ethan talked to his Grammy and Grandpa on Skype and we did the fastest bath time ever.
Brian and I completed Day 20 of the 30 Day Shred. Then I did 30 minutes on the bike, walked 2 miles (1 with each dog), and weeded for 35 minutes. I love charting all the different activities on myfooddiary.com. No real results yet- frustrating, but I know what I'm doing is making me healthier and stronger- so the weight will come, right?
I'm going to go ice my ankle (it's protesting all this work) and snuggle up to a good book. Did I mention how great it is to have boys that go to bed at 7? And to have a husband who is happy to stay in (as he is playing some computer game over the internet with Todd - oh technology.) I can do six more days, right?
Seems I have lots of questions tonight and not so many answers. That's not a bad thing, right?

No comments: