Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Again?



So all you potty training experts... Ethan loves to go in his potty- but he has to go every 5 minutes for around 20 minutes and then he's done for awhile... how do we get him to stay there until he's done? Dinnertime is exhausting... As soon as we get the potty emptied and sit back down, it's "potty!!!" and then we start all over! He did pretty well this evening except he peed all over Brian's computer chair. Oops.... The boy is a fountain- he never runs out!

Lucas got a bath today and actually enjoyed it- nice! His eyes are still nasty- clogged tear ducts.. I'm hoping they'll clear soon. He slept so well last night I'm just crossing my fingers. He slept from 10-2 and then until 6, but didn't get up until 7. Beautiful! He is a good boy- he's almost put himself on a bit of a schedule. Not a nice even one as the experts tote- but a schedule all the same. I was even able to cook and freeze a couple of dinners today. We haven't eaten out in 10 days- it's a new record!
I got to see a friend of mine, Joanie, today- who I used to teach with. It was fun to catch up- reminds me that there is more to me than just my "mommy" role. It's easy to get lost inside all the responsibilities and forget that there is more to me.
Before I pass out for the night- a heartwarming habit. Every day, for about the last week, when I go to get Ethan out of the car after daycare, he pretends to go to sleep. That way I have to pull him out and hug him for a bit. He likes the snuggle, I guess- and I certainly do. I hold on because I know in another few minutes he'll be yelling, screaming, banging, throwing, or spilling (half a bottle of syrup on Monday, thank you very much). So we snuggle and I store up all the good feelings to get through the disasters yet to come. Not that it keeps me from muttering under my breath.....
P.S.- for those of you wondering- Brian never noticed my haircut. I finally lost it at 10 last night and made a comment. He had no idea. Then he thought I did it when I took Ethan instead of during the day... now he's trying to kiss up- good luck!

No comments: