Saturday, October 4, 2008

Exhaustion!




We had such a great day today- but we are now completely exhausted. All we can hope is that Lucas sleeps well so we can too! We started our day by going to a new coffee shop. They had toys there, but Ethan just liked walking around and putting his "coffees" on all the different tables. Luckily it was pretty empty. We worked on our Christmas lists and enjoyed listening to Lucas cooing.
Later, we bought and hooked up our webcam (we bought it and one for Ethan's cousin Morgan, so they can talk to each other) and spent much of the day figuring it out. We did manage to talk to several people and they could see us, but we have yet to chat with someone else who has theirs hooked up. Hopefully tomorrow we can get that accomplished with my parents. Morgan's will be arriving in the next week or so and then we'll be experts so they can chat.

I spent the afternoon/evening cooking. I've decided to make as many frozen meals as I can in the next few weeks so when I go to work, we've got lots here. I don't want to fall into the fast food trap, so I've made my own! Thanks to Brian's mom, Lois, for giving me the idea. I made 2 mac and cheese, 2 chicken noodle, 2 chicken chili, 1 pork stir fry, and 1 chicken stir fry. I also made shepherd's pie for dinner. It was actually a lot easier to do it this way. It was probably cheaper too, because I bought ingredients in bulk. We're running out of freezer space, but I bet I can fit more.

Ethan wore his big-boy underwear today for the first time (at home, after his nap). In 6 hours, we had 2 accidents, and he successfully used the potty probably 15 or so times. We are so proud! We just brought his little potty into the dining room (gross, I know), and he ran every time he had to go. We didn't even remind him that often, he just knew himself. He's growing up!

No comments: