Friday, October 24, 2008

Last Day....

Well, it's over. I spent my last day of maternity leave today. I'll miss laying around and snuggling with Lucas all day. I'll miss (though not as much, of course) the endless re-runs of NCIS and CSI Miami- I'm addicted to both. It's been fun- I loved having that time to bond, but in a way I'm ready to go back. I'm looking forward to seeing my kids and getting into the fifth grade curriculum. I took Ethan in to meet Lucas' teacher today- I think it'll be a good fit. She has a very calming presence. I'm sure I'll sob at some point on Monday and maybe a few days after that, but it'll get busy fast and before I know it - it'll be summer. That's one of the many benefits of teaching. I get to be a working mom for 9 months of the year and stay home the other 3. It makes a good balance for me.

So, I've always gotten Ethan to let me cut his toenails by promising that he can cut mine when I'm done. He always fumbles around banging into my toes, but could never figure them out- or at least didn't have the fine motor skills required. Not so much anymore. He just about took off several of my toes- he can work it all right! His focus was admirable, but I don't think we'll be doing that again! Learned my lesson for sure.

No comments: