Friday, October 10, 2008

Eat, boy, eat!

I don't know why, but the boy will not eat! I can only theorize (which I realize I do far too much), but my guess would be that the reflux was so bad the last couple of days that he doesn't want to for fear of the pain. He just started his new meds which cost a fortune! Okay, not a fortune, but twice as much as the Zantac! If it works, it's worth it. Other than that we had a good day. Lucas and I caught up on NCIS and napped together this afternoon. We went and picked Ethan up and he told us how to get back home. When it's time to turn he says, "Turn around mommy, turn around." The first time he said that I pulled into a parking lot and did a u-turn for fun. Well, I thought it was fun- he got upset and looked at me like I was a moron. Turns out he just doesn't understand the difference between turn and turn around.
Ethan and I gave Lucas a bath tonight. Ethan just liked playing in the water, but that works. He cleaned Lucas' feet and poured water on his belly. Afterward, Ethan found (by playing with the mouse) some music my cousin Max made and he and Brian rocked out. Very fun!


Tomorrow we are going back to Rafiki to meet our friends, the Coates'. Ethan is very excited to see Peyton and threw a fit when he went to bed because he thought we could go tonight. We're still working on "tomorrow" and what that means. The whole delayed gratification thing isn't really developmentally appropriate- I keep forgetting....
Well, I'm off to bed. I just dumped a whole bottle of pumped milk on the floor and I'm ticked. That stuff is precious! Luckily Lucas could care less what he's drinking. He actually drank a whole bottle now. Let's hope for good sleeps!

No comments: