Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ABC....

I found a video tonight that I got a few years back that teaches the alphabet. We were exhausted by 6 tonight (my day at school was not so stellar) so we decided to put on the movie. It was really old, so kind of cheesy, but it basically went through the letters with some picture association and then we all used our fingers in the air to draw the letters. It was so funny to watch how focused Ethan was. I never see that side of him - well, not often anyway. He was determined to form that letter in the air each and every time. He was also determined that we would do it with him. Tongue out to the side, as it always is in times of concentration, he repeated after the cartoon characters and drew his letters on the imaginary paper.
I wish my fifth graders had that intensity about learning. Sure, quite a few of them do, but I wish I could find a way to give that back to the rest of them. It is so much fun to learn new things, new skills and new knowledge!
Lucas ate like a monster today. That boy might eat us out of house and home! He wasn't real interested in his bottle lately, so I switched to a faster flow nipple and boy howdy, did that make a difference! He's like his daddy, if it takes much effort to eat, it's not worth the trouble. But when it's there, watch out! He also ate oatmeal, applesauce, carrots, and bananas. His favorite, however, these Rice Rusks (some kind of cracker) I found at the store. He ate one and then SCREAMED until I'd give him another. I cut him off at two and he wasn't real happy, but eventually got over it. Apparently the boy has a temper. Imagine that!

No comments: