Monday, March 2, 2009

Interaction at last!

Tonight was big- the boys actually played together for a LONG time! Ethan sat next to Lucas on the couch and they played and played. Yes, Ethan grabbed everything Lucas liked and substituted some other "lesser" toy for it. And Lucas pretty much just stuck everything in his mouth and gurgled and giggled. I just watched from across the room. And smiled. My boys. So proud.
Later on, Ethan was jumping on the bed (after singing the "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" song over and over and over and over). Lucas was laughing and giggling and shrieking. I knew I should make Ethan stop, but the screaming and shrieking were too much fun. I kept thinking we'd end up at the doc's, but no. Lucas got too tired to giggle and they fizzled out. Good thing, before someone got hurt.
Brian ended up working late, so I had the boys all to myself tonight and despite some grumpy moments at dinner, it went really well. I'm learning not to stress when one of them loses it. Stress? Me? Of course not!
Long day at school. So many subs in the building and I gave an assignment that was a lot harder than I realized. It took FOREVER which put us off for the rest of the day. Oh well, it happens.
I'm off to watch the end of the Bachelor. Trash TV, I realize, but I just can't miss it!

No comments: