Monday, March 16, 2009

The House of Plague...

Sick again- the boys that is... Ethan woke up with one eye completely gooed over. Yippee.... So Brian switched shifts with his boss and made an appointment with the boys' pediatrician. Lucas' eyes still looked pretty good, but we figured it wouldn't hurt to have him checked out anyway.
Good thing, because he (Lucas) has an ear infection. Of course, the mommy guilt takes over at this point, because how did I not pick up on it? I know, I know, if there's no fever and he's not that fussy, how are you to know, but still... the guilt is there. Ethan did NOT have pink eye, just his cold gunking up through his eye- totally disgusting!
Both boys loved their day with Daddy and were almost good as new by dinnertime. I'm praying for a good night sleep for ALL of us.
We (the little guys and me) fly to WA on Saturday. So tonight, when I put Ethan to bed, I told him that we would be going to see Uma and Upa in 5 sleeps.
"5 sleeps?"
"Yep, in 5 sleeps, we'll go in an airplane to see Uma and Upa."
"Ok, that'll be fun."
His new favorite words are "fun" and "cool". It makes me laugh because those are the two words I banish from my students' writing- so generic. Yet, I love it when Ethan says such big-boy phrases like that. Not nearly as much as I love it when he makes up words for things, but those are getting fewer and farther between. My little boy is growing up!

No comments: